Print this simple list.
Take 5 minutes to fill in the appropriate addresses.
Post it onto your refrigerator.
This one simple act - just 3 little steps - will forever make it easier to practice kindness with your family. Whenever you’re feeling disconnected and need a meaningful, simple way to do good together, revisit your list and get going. Whenever your children bring up challenging social issues that sadden or frighten them, turn that conversation into an empowering act of compassion.
Because it is good for your family, our community, and everyone’s future, rejuvenate – or begin- your family's kindness practice today. Browse the volunteer projects and kindness lessons from Doing Good Together's Big-Hearted Families™ Program for more ideas and related discussion questions.
1. Mail 8 ½ by 11 inch drawings and coloring pages to
Color A Smile
P O Box 1516, Morristown, NJ 07962-1516
2. Make cheery cards and drawings for sick children. Visit SendKidstheWorld.com for addresses.
3. Donate an hour and half of your next week day off to Meals on Wheels Visit Meals on Wheels for the MOW distributor near you.
Address & Number of your MOW Distributor:____________________________________________
4. Take a Garbage Walk Simply grab a trash bag and a pair of garden gloves and be stewards of your neighborhood.
5. Start a Food Shelf Collection Visit the Feeding America Food Bank Locator http://feedingamerica.org/foodbank-results.aspx
Address & Number for your nearest food bank: ________________________________________
6. Collect shoes and clothes for donation Visit Soles4Souls.org for shipping details. Or a find local shelter where you can donate shoes/clothes.
Address & Number for nearest shelter: _________________________________
7. Thin your book collection Contact your local public library to make a donation.
Your local public library number ___________________________________________
8. Host a fundraiser. Discover a cause your family cares about, learn more, set a fundraising goal, and start contacting friends and family.
9. Take & Bake. Baking? Double your recipe and share with a sick or lonely neighbor.
10. Become Vocal Citizens. Discover an issue your family cares about, and contact your elected leadership with your concerns. To look up the addresses of your Senators and Members of Congress visit http://app.leg.wa.gov/DistrictFinder/ and write them down: