Five Big-Hearted Picture Books for Book Lovers
Read & Reflect to Grow Big Hearts
Bibliophiles of every age will be delighted by these creative stories. Then use our discussion questions and project ideas to make the most of story time.
- Why do some people love books?
- Can you name a favorite book or two? A favorite character or two?
- How could you persuade someone who doesn't love to read to try your favorite book?
- Do you like to visit the public library?
- Do you think it's important to make books available, for free, to everyone? Why or why not?
- Take a moment to tell a story starting with the line below:
- One day [my favorite story character] walked into my lunch room, sat down beside me, and said...
- Nurture a love of reading in others. Check out our Feed Hungry Minds project.
This whimsical, reality-bending book is full of food for thought. It even inspired an Academy Award-winning short film.
This lovely lady moves to the country for a quieter life, with the hope that she’ll have time to read. Alas, she finds that country life brings with it new and hilarious demands on her time, one of which lands her in a bathtub with her ever-present animal pals.
If you are looking for an adventure story celebrating books and reading, this is the one. Master story-teller Palocco introduces us to Aunt Chip and her quest to unplug a generation of tech-crazy kids in a tale that will stick with readers long after the last page.
Disclaimer: Doing Good Together™ is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.