Inspire Creativity with These Great Picture Books
Read & Reflect to Grow Big Hearts
Creativity makes empathy easier. After all, walking in the shoes of someone else is above all an act of imagination.
Help your child (and yourself!) unlock creative potential and practice imaginative thinking with the conversation starters and books in this unique list. When you're ready use your creativity to share kindness with our project suggestions below!
- Do you ever find it difficult to share your creations with others? Why or why not?
- What is your favorite artistic activity? (drawing? painting? writing? sculpting? movie making? anything?)
- Brainstorm a short list of ways your family can use your creative talents to share kindness with others.
- What materials would you like to have on hand in case the creative mood strikes? Consider assembling a creativity corner full of craft supplies, recycled goodies, duct tape, and anything else you come up with.
- Have you ever felt the same way the character in your story felt? Tell a story about that time.
- Imagine if you faced the same challenge as the character in your story? How would you have reacted?
Enjoy our growing list of thoughtful books to spark your imagination!
Discover the reason this book tops any book list about creative endeavors. It's impossible to read reach the end without a strong desire to "make your mark."
In this culture nearly paralyzed by a fear of failure, we are hearing time and again that children aren't being allowed to make mistakes. This book is certainly part of the cure! Discover the beauty in a mistake, then set out to make a few of your own!
This beautiful book is perfect for people of all ages, all aspirations, and all phases of creative endeavor. How do you nurture an idea? You'll see!
Have you ever set out to make something magnificent? Have you ever had a vision, but wondered how to make it a reality? Have you ever been so frustrated by a project that - vision or no vision - you decided to quit right then and there?
This charming book may help you look a your project from a whole new angle.
Creativity can be messy. Mrs. Hawthorn is not a fan of mess. Willow, on the other hand, is delights in the wild, wanderings of her imagination. You'll find both Mrs. Hawthorn and Willow have something important to teach us in this one-of-a-kind story.
Kids everywhere will fall in love with Iggy Peck and his outrageous, unstoppable urge to create. With towers of diapers, cathedrals of apples, and a second grade teacher who believes the classroom is no place for an architect, this clever story will become a family favorite.
Are you ready to put your imagination to work?
Share creative kindness with these fun projects!