Host a DGT™ Family Service Fair in Your Business
Hosting a fun, meaningful service fair for your business community is easy. For a reasonable administrative fee and the cost of supplies, we will coordinate all the details of the event for you—everything from purchasing supplies to making connections with nonprofit agencies.
Employees and their families move among the activity stations and can work on every project or just a few, all while educating themselves and their children about critical social issues and the value of serving others. This fair has proved to be an ideal way for families to have fun together while making a real difference in the community.
To learn more about how you can host your own Family Service Fair, contact our Doing Good Together™ Family Service Fair Director, Nassim Rossi.
Benefits for Your Company
- Provides terrific team-building opportunities.
- Responds to employee desires to participate in service activities; research shows that creating volunteering opportunities outweighs pay increases in many organizations.
- Enables employees and clients to volunteer with their families, which many view as a benefit.
- Builds camaraderie and creates an enjoyable experience for employees and/or clients.
- Benefits recipients while building relationships with local nonprofits.
- Encourages participants to reflect on the experience and possibly incorporate family volunteering activities into their daily lives.
- Demonstrates your company’s commitment to the community.
“The Family Service Fair that Doing Together Together™ put on for Piper Jaffray was a great way bring our employees and their families together in a fun, informal way while giving back to the communities in which we live and work." -- Christine Esckilsen, Managing Director, Head of Human Capital, Piper Jaffray & Co., Minneapolis
Want to add Service and Smiles to your community?
Check out our Service and Smiles: Kindness Tips! These weekly tips (September - May) are the perfect addition to your newsletter, blog, or website. They're available free of charge, with attribution and links to DGT.