This respected organization boasted a solid base of volunteers, but it wanted to identify, formalize and enrich its family service options and provide tools to optimize the volunteer experience.
A thorough evaluation of existing and potential volunteer projects suitable for families:
- Analyzed existing projects for family-friendliness and suggested modifications where feasible.
- Worked with staff to identify new volunteer opportunities for families.
- Created a handbook to better prepare families for their specific jobs.
- Developed materials to encourage post-activity reflection among families.
- Designed a family-oriented journal and web page.